Taxidermist Recommendations?

diggyj

Was wondering if any of the board members have used any of the followng Taxidermists for mounting? Advanced, Woods & Water or Havelock?

These are the only ones I know of that are local to where I am. Any thoughts on who to use and any other recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you,

Dirk

First off its not the size of the fish its the memory of it so I suggest that you get it done (I dont know what you are getting done for that part of it) all that matters is that it means enough for you to ask where to go so there must be something there for it to be done.

I would suggest Advance they are very nice people and do amazing work I just got a call last week for a pickerel that is now done for my father. He has cancer and was not supposed to be around for a long time they did a rush on the mount and it is ready very fast but I dont have to pick it up until December if I want to leave it there until then they just made sure that if some thing happens it is done and ready for that and the way they talk to you when you call them it shows how much they care about the customer give them a call.

on a side note dad did get good news and will be off kehmo for a couple months sorry I did not want to hijack the thread about him just point out that they are great people to work with

My choice would be Jeff Brain. He is on Hwy 11, just South of Orillia. He does excellent work, is reasonable in price, and gets the job done quickly.

* Jeff Brain (Brain's Taxidermy)

R.R. #1

Orillia, Ontario

L3V 6H1

705-327-7889

E-Mail: [email protected]

Will Teach Taxidermy

I will admit that Advanced is probably the best of the best, but Jeff is a very close second and is a lot less expensive.

Edited by Rattletrap2