tremblant fishing

sunfish

I am heading out the last week of July to Mt. Tremblant. It'll be a family trip and the kids are looking to fish from shore. I am not familiar with the area and I seek everyone's expert advise.

Even somewhere on the way to Tremblant would be a bonus.

Thanks for the assistance.

:thumbsup_anim:

Well .. its been many many years for me (about 30) but ... the fishing was great the last time I was there (we stayed at Cuttles in the mid seventies) ... some very big MONSTERS lurk in the depths of that lake ... and I do mean monsters (landlocked salmon) .... I also caught a few Musky down the south end of the lake ... see if you can rent a boat from wherever you are staying ....let us know how you make out.

Only one small thing .... dont forget you are in Quebec and will need a Quebec fishing licence ....

Edited by camillj

There is a Place called Val David where the Doncaster River flows close by. My brother had a place up there and we used to fish the river, as well as the slews around there for Brookies. The exit is on the 15 and I believe just past St Adel.

I'm going for a week right after you. If I bring the rod, its a fly rod and I fish for the browns in the diable river. They have clear marked points on the back side of the mountain. Watch out for bears though. Saw one last year when I was out.

You can get your license at the CT in St. Jovite.

If you want a really good spot for the kids to fish, fish lake oullette just off the hwy and south of Gray rocks. You will catch a ton of sunfish, perch and rock bass. As well as the odd smallie.

Anyone know of a good smallie lake in the area?

Going up there this weekend and am tempted to try the Diable as well. I can tell you that Pourvoirie Baroux http://www.pourvoirie-baroux.com is a productive fishery which is nearby Brebeuf, and is home to a number of stocked wilderness trout lakes. Reserve your lake for the day, rent a trolling motor, and a cartopper boat will be waiting for you at a pristine laurentian lake to have all to yourself. Full of specks and bows in there many of which will take flies... Superdave is the diable really worth going to as I'll be in St Sauveur? Is it comparable to the Grand in terms of numbers?

Schnaggs

I've only fished it once for about 1/2 hour on my honeymoon 20 years ago. I don't know how it is now but heard that bass, pike and musky can be caught. It's a beautiful picturesque place that I'm sure you and the kids will enjoy. It's a real tourist attraction up there. Me and my wife used to go up there every year for a visit and we truly enjoyed it. Now you will need a Quebec license for fishing and can be obtain in any CTC or Walmart stores.

Here is some info from the QMNR site that you may want to read

License fees

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/wildlif...tes.jsp#fishing

You will be in zone 15 and here the list of dates of in season species

http://www.mrnf.gouv.qc.ca/english/publica...nes/zone-15.asp

Hope this helps!

Leechman

Hey Shnaggs,

The fish numbers and size in the diable don't compare to the fish in the grand. I know you can get some bigger fish (17-19 inches) more north closer to the national park. The water can get pretty warm in the summer but with the cool summer we have been having so far, I would think it would still be pretty cool. I usually fish the sections closer to the village just for convenience. I have not have caught any monsters here. All the fish I have caught have been in the 8-11 inch range. I am an amateur fly fisherman. Actually, I think I only fly fish when I go to tremblant. Wading there is tough so be careful. I usually just try to find some big boulders and cast my flies in the slack water. I have had success with big kauffman stones and klinks.

There is another species that is similar to a whitefish that reside in that river and readily takes dries so I have heard.

Dave.

I said this before and I'll say this again. This board is amazing! Thanks for all the help. Totally forgot about the license thing. It won't be me fishing, just the little ones. I will take a look at the QMNR site for more info.

Thanks again. I really appreciate all the responses.

Cheers!