Another "1st Species" for me!! :D

rbaquial

Whoooooooooooooooooooooo!!

2009 has been such a good year to me so far!! :D Caught myself another "1st Species" of its kind - CARP!! But this wasn't your regular looking carp....at least I hope not ALL of them are THIS UGLY!!

To make a long story short... I decided to head out with a buddy (Jip) to our closest body of water...Lake O. I take out my ULTRALIGHT with 6lb Test and about 50 yards of spool left (was too lazy to add more)... Anyway, float fishing with Gulp!Alive stuff... anyway... I notice the bobber going down... but not in its typical "fast/quick" action... almost like its "stuck" like in a river...so.... I go to set the hook... the fish somehow managed to get the hook wedged in his eye...now, im not 100% sure how it happened... but it did! I'm assuming he somehow cruised into it... but didn't notice the line nor the hook...

Anyway.... Here are the pictures....

If ya look closely.... NO EYE on one side!!

IMG_5296-1.jpg

An even close inspection confirms it! DEAR GOD ALL MIGHTY this thing is damn ugly@@

IMG_5297-1.jpg

Flipped him on his other side...oh look! at least he has 1 good eye!!

IMG_5298-1.jpg

Anyway.. that's my post. Mr. Carp... I'm sorry for the eye! :( I hope he's gonna be ok. I still (even to this day) still feel bad about that fish!

Edited by A2F

That carp's good eye certainly makes up for it not having a second one.

So let me get this straight. You managed to hook the one-eyed carp in his good eye? Wow, and you thought your day was bad

Edited by Cudz

MTBF - I think its either a QUANTUM OPTIX 20 or the QUANTUM ARRAY 10... not too sure. hahaha... got both reels tho :)

I feel bad still about the fish - even when I look @ pictures of it! :( I hope it survives (which, I'm sure it will be ok).

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE WAS UGLY!!

Edited by A2F