Hamilton Bay - Harbourfront Park

kevinhiles

I was fishing last night on Hamilton Bay at Harbourfront Park. Was fishing just up from the boat launch and noticed a lot of weeds so I tried texas rigged soft plastic worm to avoid getting snagged. Also tried a Berkley plastic scented minnow - but no luck with either bait.

For anyone who's fished there, what's the best lure to use in that part of the bay? Has anyone got lucky with a spinner bait?

Try your soft plastics along the shore off of the trail that goes from the boat launch to the Dejardin canal ( High Level Bridge ) The last time I tried that it was several years ago but I managed 8 1 to 2 pounders. There are lily pads and submerged logs along there. Poke you head through the bushes along the way and look for likely spots.

A course carp fishing is a lot more fun. :rolleyes: Oh a word of warning your concentration may be broken by the occasional bikini topped lass that rollerblades up and down the trail. :D

Good luck.

from shore i lob weighted plastice into the weeds and hope for a hit on the way down. always comes up with cabbage but that is where the fish are. in the boat ill use live baits in the deeper water past the weed beds. on spinnerbaits all i have caught is small catfish, a surprise everytime! crankbaits seem to be ignored. there are nice sized bass in there, not too pretty lookin. if you see me by myself in the blue stratos wave me over.

ive caught bass there on spinnerbaits, senkos, crankbaits, buzzbaits, poppers, rattle traps. just gotta put the leg work in. theres a lot of pressure there and a lot of traffic. but the fishing is great. we had a 4 hour club tourney last nite down there. lots of 2lb fish caught, but the highlights were a 4lb 3oz largie and a 5lb 7oz largie. and believe it or not, that was caught on a small popper.

we had a 4 hour club tourney last nite down there.....

Any pike?

I never really hit the bass much in the Bay, but always picked up fish missed by others Carolina rigging straight worms or lizards on deep weedlines & edges. There's plenty of deeper water accessible from shore starting at Bayfront and putting the legwork in.

Edited by CLofchik