Lucky Craft

Jonny

I would have sensed scam as soon as he wouldn't combine shipping. Doesn't that tell you how he's making his money?

Of course he is making his money that way. (I mentioned that above). You are basically paying $10 per lure. A lot of sellers on ebay charge a high shipping cost for the things they put up for auction at a low opening bid. It`s basically like a reserve price, and it`s not particularly unusual.

It`s easy to figure out the strategy if you`ve been around ebay for a while. You basically know up-front that the lures are going to cost you $10 each.

While I was at BPS this afternoon,your thread came to me and I had to check it out.

Looks like the same style of writing on them. Some are writen in the middle of the belly,others at the tail end.

Oh they were 22-26 bucks.

You still win.

They are "FAKE". Do not buy from him. Really now... Refurbished LC lures? HAHAHA what a joke! As for the Lucky Craft split rings and VMC hooks, I put them on my custom painted lures which I bought a bunch when I was in Japan.

He has very few negative feedbacks because people don't know they are FAKE. For those who knows. They don't buy from him. The action isn't the same as a Pointer which I heard.

Edited by TrippyJai

Really now... Refurbished LC lures? HAHAHA what a joke!

OK, we've established that they're fake --- good fakes but fakes.

"Refurbished" in market parlance doesn't mean they've had anything done to them. Refurbished just means checked over and basically new but possibly without original box or papers. It often applies to items that have simply been returned for refund, not necessarily ones that need work to make them operate properly.

The most obvious lie in the ad is where it says that the boxes were damaged (on hundreds or thousands of lures). Obviously there were no boxes in the first place. But a seller might say that even if he has access to an alternate supply of the real item and is not allowed to sell them as "new". What I find surprising with this seller, as I've said, is that he's making quite a business of it over a considerable period of time, and freely using the "Lucky Craft" name, and yet he hasn't been nailed by the company.

I go back to those NFL jerseys I mentioned. They were brand new, current year (2008), had all the proper tags, authentic material, Reebok, team and NFL branded, proper official letters and stitching, absolutely undetectable as "fakes" and very likely are not. Some were being sold by Chinese sellers who had access to the real stock, and they were being sold for about a quarter of the normal price. It didn't last long. We ordered several, checked them over and found them perfect, ordered several more (and told friends who ordered as well). It lasted about 3 to 4 weeks and then the source dried up.

We compared those jerseys in fine detail to "store bought" jerseys, and they were perfect in every regard. They were not even "seconds" with flaws in them.

So are there "real deals" like that out there? Sometimes yes.

While I was at BPS this afternoon,your thread came to me and I had to check it out.

Looks like the same style of writing on them. Some are writen in the middle of the belly,others at the tail end.

Oh they were 22-26 bucks.

You still win.

Thanks for checking on them, MF.

Just up the road from BPS the guy is usually selling Pointer 100s for around $15.

OK, good to know. 100's are about half the size of the 180's.

What's his store called, and do you find it worth a visit?

Edited by Jocko

When you get a chance to take that lure for a swim though, could you report back and let us know how it performs??

Sure will, Victor. I've been waiting for some calm conditions so I can get a good look at how it behaves. Lots of wind lately, and today high waves again and a severe thunderstorm watch til the evening.... the story of the summer so far except for a few good "normal" days.

Here comes the rain again! :unsure:

With a couple tuning adjustments you should be able to make it suspend. Little stickers you can add...marketed at one time as SuspenDots.

I just checked on those, Johnny.

BPS has them. Too bad I don't have one near by, but I'll keep an eye out locally.

suspendots.JPG

Attached...

A copy of the message I sent to the seller day before yesterday, and a copy of the result today...

I will keep my end of the bargain and NOT post negative feedback on ebay. Others will have to watch out after themselves. At least our guys here on this board know what's what.

refund_2.JPG

refund.JPG

Edited by Jocko

Do you play poker?

Nice to see you got yer money back.But I have to say,from what I seen on the real ones and yours,they look pretty close.

I figured it was worth a try! :D

And I would have followed the "complaint" route today if I hadn't heard back. It looks like the seller wants to keep negative feedback off his profile if he can. He didn't write anything except "Sorry you didn't like it. I will refund your money immediately."

I still have to try the lure out with some casting, but it has provided a lot of entertainment value already (for free, as it turns out!)

I figured it was worth a try! :D

And I would have followed the "complaint" route today if I hadn't heard back. It looks like the seller wants to keep negative feedback off his profile if he can. He didn't write anything except "Sorry you didn't like it. I will refund your money immediately."

I still have to try the lure out with some casting, but it has provided a lot of entertainment value already (for free, as it turns out!)

Good Job Jocko!