My trail cam report! (Deer, Wolf or Coyote)

Mattones

After a few months of placing my cam all over the girlfriends farm where I knew deer where traveling they always seemed to stay clear of the camera. Even if I left it for a month.

But two weeks ago i places the camera by the swamp on a tree which is pretty much right infront of the swamp so if something comes up to the swamp I will capture it.

First picture. Lets say I was a little thrilled yet upset with how it turned out. It being ym first wild life picture!!

sg3n28.jpg

And last Friday I tooked it down again and caught two dog like animals which i believe is a wolf or just a dark Coyote . Look at the time on both days!

if anyone can zoom in and clear the pictures that would be helpful.

29zpjy1.jpg

2mnlovk.jpg

And this is the first picture of deer i have gotten! After the blurry pictures i set the camera to ''high quality'' Sure it takes less pictures but I was tired of the blurr!!

A nice Six + Pointer with a scar if i am not mistaken. I am going to call him Scar!! He looks like an old brute! I believe thats a little buck as if you look close it may have stubs. I may be wrong though.

wre3rp.jpg

Cool pics Matt B):thumbsup_anim:

Now you know they're there..... feed em apples and salt for the summer and come fall.... you'll be able to bag one of them :thumbsup_anim:

Leechman

I plan to do a Salt lick tomorrow.I have one of those salt rocks but I think i should buy those 50 pound bags of the stuff and just lay it out tomorrow. or just smash the rock into a couple pieces? i have been reading up on how to set this salt lick area up and think I will do it.

it looks like a domestic dog to me...seems very short and stubby for any kind of wild dog...

None of the girlfriends dog were out at that time nor are allowed out alone.

If its a stray why would it come by twice? who knows though.

Edited by Mattones

i did what I could in photoshop..in the first image the canine is moving quick away from the camera and appears to be in the second one as well. If you notice the times are almost exactly 24 hours apart...seems more like a dog on his daily outing and the stature, leg length and tail point to a dog...may be feral..but given the timiing is more likely out with his human after work.

Looks like the one deer got grazed by an arrow.Happens when an arrow is shot from a tree stand.

I never thought of that! I can't believe that did not cross my mind. haha

I hope he is still around this fall. That area where the tree stand is has no tree's thick enough for a tree stand so it has to be a ground blind (N)