Overnighter at Hamilton Harbour

Victor

Did an overnighter at Hamilton Harbour with Marko and FISHHERO last night. It was a rather slow night for me, only went 3/3. Marko found a honey hole and got better numbers but the size was still lacking. Here's my biggest fish of the outing which is a new PB mirror @ 12lbs. This fish totally made up for the lack of action/sleep.

IMG_4824.jpg

We moved to another location in the morning and with the help of another experienced carper, FISHHERO and Marko both landed a decent size fish each. I think FISHHERO's was around 18-19lbs and Marko got his new PB common coming in at 22lbs. I'll let them tell the story and post their pics.

Now let me catch up on some sleep....

You overnight guys are crazy! Fishin' crazy that is. Good on ya. I've left the harbour at sunset many times bidding a good night to the die-hards who planned on staying 'til morning. Never quite did it myself yet.

Nice you were rewarded for your efforts and that's a beauty mirror! Still waiting to catch one of those myself.

It was a nice night to be out, got about half a dozen plus lost a few on hooks ups.

That mirror is a beaut for sure!

Justin and Trevor were both taking pics, Justin said that he was having issues with his card reader, while i havent talked to Trevor yet. His wife probably killed him for staying out with us ahhah.

I`ll add some pics as soon as i get them, hope the pic of a 22lb is not lost.

Next time we should try eastport, just gotta be careful with all those rocks

Edited by Marko

Next time we should try eastport, just gotta be careful with all those rocks.

I've hit Eastport after dark a few times and the bite doesn't really pick up much after dark, however there's been some big schools of shiner & shad coming in shallow to spawn with some decent fish chasing them. Might be worth bringing a casting rod to chuck out a few spoons and minnow baits if the carp slow down.