I am JACKED !

splashhopper

If I can't sleep because of the anticipation?

If all my mind wants to do is re-inventory my fishing gear for tomorrow?

If my wife says I am NOT listening to her and that I am somewhere else this week?

If the van is gassed up, oil checked and air is in the tires?

If I wish i could afford a boat to get to a few places I "know" are holding some lunkers?

If my daughter is is telling mommy that daddy will be ok after he comes home with some bass?

If i jump when the cell phone rings, in anticipation of my buddy agreeing to an all nighter tonight?

If I keep checking the weather station " to make sure' all is good in that area?

If I keep checking this damned board to see if I am the only one just about out of his mind in anticipation for the opener?

If all of this is happening in my "addhd" brain of mine... does it mean I have to go to some 12 step group for fishermen?

Please help me... :dunno:

I called the fishermens anonymous hotline... and they asked me to "hold".. I started looking for my rod! lol

Nothing like hitting the water at the very crack of dawn on the first day of the season with no wind and the thick morning mist softening the loons call and the splash of jumping fish. Rowing out in near silence to your starting point with only the odd creak of your oar rubbing the gunnel to disturb the tranquility and keep you grounded in reality. As you prepare for that first cast, you survey the surroundings and tie on on your choice of weapon. All the while sipping on a steaming hot mug of half and half while you take in the beauty of it all. And then, it begins.

Tried talking my buddy into hitting our local honey hole at midnight... he won't "bite".... dang...

Oh well, I wake up around 4:30-5 every morning and am picking him up at 6.... maybe I will hit a spot near his condo before he is even outa bed and carp slap him with one as he gets in the van :lol:

Edited by splashhopper

hmmm.... there is editing going in here....

I just tried to say...b-i-t-c;;h slap ... and it comes up as carp slap !

what the hell is a "carp slap"...lol

The system has a built in language filter that modifies and corrects potentially contentious language.

If i jump when the cell phone rings, in anticipation of my buddy agreeing to an all nighter tonight?

Umm, we are still talking bass fishing right? LOL! ;)

OHHHH, I cannot wait to get out BUT my problem is I don't have a place to get out to tonight after 12... :(

Carp Slap. I love it. My buddy is driving up from Toronto in the morning, supposed to be in the driveway by 6 and then we'll try Chemong. If he's late, I'll scoot down to the Otonabee, catch a big old 20 pound Carp and WHAM!! Give him a Carp Slapping he won't soon forget!