Georges Lake

EC1

Hi everyone!

Was wondering if anyone wanted to give me a little bit of help on this lake. I am going up to a friend's cottage tomorrow afternoon, and am going to be doing some fishing off the dock and possibly on a canoe.

I know that there are bass in there, but what else is there to fish for? I would love to find something in season for the first two nights, then I can start hunting down the bass. My friend said something about trout, but I myself have never fished for trout and am a complete newbie at it.

It would be awesome if someone had some hints for me for what fish there are in there, and what kind of structure to find fish in, Would thank you a ton!

Edited by EC1

I cottage on that lake.The bass will be crazy this time of year.Lots of bass in there.Finding the big ones can be tricky.Try away from the cottages over where all the fallen trees are you might get into size there.Trout are hard to come by this time of year but can still be caught.You'll need to be out in the middle od the lake for that.Thie will be the first opener i've missed up there in about 8 or 9 years,but we've got other plans.Good luck and let me know how you make out.

Go to the general store and get a map of the lakes in the park. The map will also tell you what kind of fish are in each lake. There is some good trout fishing up there.......I don't bother with the bass.......too easy.

Just troll a worm harness with a half worm around the middle of the lake. Let out a full cast, then two rips of line, and just troll along slow. You should get a trout, I always do. They should be 10-15ft down, over the main basin somewhere. Don't forget, they feed a lot off the surface, so don't try too hard to get down deep, you'll be fishing under them, and won't get bit. Your better off to be over them. They'll come up a long ways to check out your offerings.........getting them to bite it is another story. It should still be decent though.

Sinker