Smallmouth in the grand

Lebomb

Lots of good places to fish on the Grand, but like many places the location of the fish changes with the water conditions, weather and season, a lure or spot that is good one day is dead the next.

The nice thing about a canoe is you can drift and cast along the shore and any structure, near the dams can also be productive.

Dan

im not to sure about the area's your talking about, but ive had lots of luck with the bass in dunville by the damn, or below it, ive always get a couple around cayuga, or york like the last guy was talking about, as well, i always have a good time in calidonia right at the damn, doesnt matter if your above it or below it!

good luck and have fun!~

No one's going to give up exact spots like that on an online forum but they're in there throughout most of the river. Just drop the canoe in somewhere and take your time and fish.

Keep in mind there are several sections of the Grand with special fishing regs. Catch and release only, as well as no live bait and barbless hooks. Make sure to check out the regs before you fish the Grand.

Good luck

Edited by timmeh

there are tons of smallmouth all over the grand just go find them

thats what i was thinking. i dont think ive found a place in the grand where i couldnt catch smallies. you gotta be doin something really wrong if you cant catch decent smallies in the grand ;)