Going to Spanish, Ontario

Jet

Hi guys,

I am heading up to Spanish, Ontario this weekend to help a friend fix up a home/cottage that has been recently vandalized by locals. Since I'm up there I hope to dip some lines and catch a few fish and wondering if anyone can point me in general areas near and around Spanish.

I've never been up to the area and my friend is a rookie when it comes to fishing, so we're hoping we can find some action in between some long stints of work.

Here's where I'll be going: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=...5a5cda10d45eafe

Thanks in advance!

-j

Edited by Jet

i've never fished the area and i was through spanish on the weekend. i looked it up in my backroad map book and there is a TON of small lakes in the area but im not sure whats in what lake and how good of fishing it is. you could go west on the highway to lauzon lake. i say go to a local trading post and get some maps and such of the area and ask some locals i'm sure they will put you on decent fishing.

Thanks guys. I definitely have some spots marked on the GPS and will check it out. Hoping to make the most of my 3 days up there and also hope to have a report when I get back.