NF - Who Would You Want to Lead Your Team

anders

We always have this discussion but always come up with split endings. You choice, Scott Stevens or Nik Lidstrom...no body else, betweent the two, who would you want to lead your team for a long playoff haul. Playoffs, not regular season..disregard regular season statistics and awards...its the playoffs when the real warriors come to play.

As of right now, they are tied in Playoff points, but Lidstrom got there faster

Lidstrom has 4 cups to Stevens 3 (that will likely change)

Both have Conn Smthy trophies

My pick is Stevens...he striked fear in opponents, played pk and pp and could change the game or series with a hit.

Who would you choose.

I cheer for players...not teams. I have only really cheered for 2 players my whole life. Bobby Orr and Scott Stevens and because of them obviously the teams they played for.

I just can't put my heart behind any players in the NHL now...so I have no "TEAM"

Bobby Orr is the greatest ever...for his game...and his class...and I can't imagine the type of player who would have to come around to change my mind on this.

But to answer your question between your 2 choices...Stevens all the way. His presence on the ice was unmatched by anyone in his era in my opinion. Sad day for me when he hung em up.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I pick Lidstrom because I don't think Stevens style of play wouldn't mesh with the "new" NHL. There's no way that guy could tame a team full of speedsters without a few clutches, grabs, and canopeners. That said, nobody could come up with "the big hit" like Stevens could.

Lidstrom. I like the way he just does what's gotta be done, calmly. He's great to hear in an interview, although not exciting. I tend to agree with the commentators last night who sounded like they were giving him a lot of the credit for the Wings being what they are today. If they weren't saying then I am now.

I'm not sure Stevens was ever quite in the same league in terms of actual all round leadership. He was a fun player to watch though, even more so than Lidstrom.

JF

STEVENS all the way !! Devistating body checker. Great leader. Jersey sure wishes they had him now. This is kind of like a "Who would you want to go to war with?" I'll take Stevens on my side anyday. Besides he can fish too LOL. Not that I don't think Lidstrom is a great player, just that Stevens is a playoff "god". He completely changes the way the other team plays. I wouldn't want to take a blind pass with that guy floating around. Other great playoff players and alltime great leaders I'd love to have on my team .... Messier, Patrick Roy or Marty Brodeur, Steve Yzerman, Killer (Dougie Gilmour......I know I'll catch flack about putting him here, but I love that guy) and of course the great one.