New Falcon Rods

vertigo

Hi All,

I'm looking at picking up some of the new Falcon Bucoo rods. I can only find them in the States in limited stores. Does anyone know much about them? I read things online, but they are so new to the market that simple info such as the taper is not out yet.

I was also considering the MoJo's but the colour is really putting me off.

Is anyone planning on ordering a Bucoo or have one and can give me a review on it or on Falcon rods in general.

Is there a Falcon rod dealer in the GTA?

Thanks.

Nelson

They came out about 3 days ago. I'm thinking of ordering them from Monster Tackle on the ast coast. Shipping rates are incredible! $10 for one pice 7 foot rods! They even combine shipping on rods.

probably best to wait unless you're willing to gamble with your money. Wait until someone has a review of it somewhere and then you'll know whether you should get it or not.

Your other option is the Mojo Bass rods from St. Croix right?

If you're in a rush to get a rod, get the mojo then, or you can gamble 100 bucks for the new bucoo.

To be honest with you though, the bucoo does look really nice from pictures.

I don't know how long that clean/matte look will last because of the EVA foam, and my Damiki rod with EVA foam has turned slightly smooth and glossy after about 2 months of use...about 20 days of fishing or so.

A little dish soap & scrub pad will bring the EVA back to new.

Falcons have been around...possibly, like loomis, under several different owners...a little research is required here..

Loomis....once the Caddilac, & strongly supported by the custom builders, now will discontinue blank mfg. 12/31....