Portable fish finder w/ suction cup transducer

rock34

While the title pretty much says it all.

I was thinking about it and on most canoes if you simply suction cup to the side of the canoe you wont get a clear up and down picture of whats below.

I am sure someone on this board has come up with a solution and I would love to hear it because I am off on a Canoe tip in a few weeks and would love to bring my hummingbird with me :)

Thanks!

Yup...what the doc says. I've given up on the suction cup altogether...I just have the metal bracket that used to hold the suction cup bolted to a biece of wood, with another piece of wood at the top, making a t-shape. with a c-clamp, I'm able to attach it just about anywhere, or hang it in the ice-fishing hole.

For 30$ you can by a portable clamp mount with fancy extensible arm that will mount on just about any canoe or tinny ... I would NEVER use the suction cup ... even in the best case it will eventually fall off and just once in a motor and the cable is toast ...

p000844hz04.jpg

Edited by camillj

Thanks Johnny.

Im not sure that I fully understand how you clamp it into the canoe with a "T" shape but I am going to have to work something out for sure.

Thanks for the tips.

The top arm of the t-shape either folds inline with the whole thing if it's in the way, or tucks up under the gunwale to make sure that everything is hanging straight down. That may not help either...but...it's basically a "there if I need it" sort of thing :)