Raven Lake - near Balsam

gone_fishin

a buddy of mine heard good things about Raven Lake... but i had never heard even heard of the lake before he mentioned it... anyone fished there before? i can't seem to find any information on the net about it either... what's in there? is it a pike or muskie lake, or is it mixed???

thanks in advance!

g_f

used to be big muskie

many of the fishing shows filmed muskie shows there, I am pretty sure I saw the same muskie on most of their shows and I think I caught every muskie in there at least 5 times

it is very small it is just a flooded gravel pit and some years ago a group of guys fished it every weekend for a whole summer and kept everything they caught

I saw stringers of muskie hanging off the side of their boat

it was never the same again

last time I was there, there were only a few bass and a few perch...

have not fished it in many years

I fished it last year and left without anything in the boat. Seen a few muskie, some say they are hybrids in there but I have never boated on to see for myself. The launch is pretty beat up, you need a 4X4 to pull a boat out of there on a trailer. I wouldn't recommend it, I'd head to balsam or another kawartha lake.

so maybe it is coming back

all the time I fished it, the trail just ran into the water and that's where you back the trailer in

most times the truck was in the water so far I would have to walk in the water to get out of the truck

I would say very far from coming back, like I said, over the last 5 years I've probably logged 40 hours or so and not one muskie. Hooked into one small one and lost it beside the boat a few years ago. The water is very clear and shallow, so they are very easily spooked. They are still in there, just few and far between and not a whole lot of size to them.

I would say very far from coming back, like I said, over the last 5 years I've probably logged 40 hours or so and not one muskie. Hooked into one small one and lost it beside the boat a few years ago. The water is very clear and shallow, so they are very easily spooked. They are still in there, just few and far between and not a whole lot of size to them.

What are you tossing at them?