Black Bear in Aurora

Governator

The animal control guy we used to have here (before the MNR took the job back) was trapping 3 or 4 bears a week all over town. He'd haul them a couple hours north of town and turn them loose but they were always back in 2 or 3 days. Rumour has it, they're now hauling them south to see if they'll stay away from here. :dunno:

The Toronto Star had an item on this today. They accept comments, one of them being that we're destroying their habitat, poor things! So here's what I sent 'em:

Too many bears

Trust me, there is *plenty* of bear habitat in Ontario; they're not going to starve. The problem is simply that there are too many bears. I'm glad to see that some people in Southern Ontario may be waking up to the consequences of the type of bear "conservation" policies they forced upon us here in the north.

How dangerous can they be, drifter you fish with these guys sniffin you up and down all the time dont you? :P lol. I dunno, a black bear, wouldnt scare me too much, as long as i dont try to "pet him and feed him" lol.....or i didnt startle him in the bush....it'd be them brown grizzlies that would have me wettin my pants.

Where've you been? that IS where all the cormorants nest! one of the largest colonies on the Great Lakes

Been doing my geography, All the houses and people hang out on ward / center / Algonquin island part of the Toronto islands.

"Cormorants have overtaken a peninsula of Toronto's Leslie Street Spit, which, thanks to aggressive nest building, is barren but for one tree. (May 13, 2009)" from the Toronto Star.

Now if the cormorants took over the Algonquin island where the houses are you thing they would all still be there.