Booth Lake

rock34

Hello all!

I am taking my first trip ever into Algonquin park in about three weeks. I am heading out from access point #17 and canoeing up to Booth Lake, where I plan on staying for 5 nights. Has anyone ever been there? I have a few questions for an Algonquin Rookie.

How is the fishing in Booth Lake? Can I possibly find a few Lake Trout this time of year? What lures should I bring?

Is there any particularly good campsites on Booth?

Any food ideas? I know i have to hang it from a tree at night so that doesnt really lend itself to brining a cooler.

Anyway, any feedback would be awesome!

Edited by Rock

we've had a cold spring, you should still be able to catch lakers up high. troll spoons and body baits (j-7, j-9, j-13 rapalas to name one type) slow on long lines. i don't fish the park but lakers are lakers.

Awesome!

Thanks for the advice guys!!

I actually got a TOPO from Anglersatlas.com Is that the same one you have?

It should be helpful I hope.

I also have a portable fish finder that I hope to bring. I have never used one in a canoe before. How do I need to fasten it do you think?

You have picked one of the easiest spots to get to in Algonquin. Even brought GF's there who didn't like working hard.

I have caught small lakers unintentionally just dragging spoons behind me as i canoed around in August at Booth.

Good luck!

Bring TARPS!!! make sure you pack 2 or 3 good tarps, makes the campsite soooooooooo much easier, food wise, soups and instant potatoes, powdered milk, onions, lipton pasta's oatmeal, steaks for the first night, thats the staple of our menu, then plan on fish for the rest, troll EGB's around and you'll get your lakers! good luck!

Awesome!

Thanks for all of the advice guys.

Is there a specific site that you would recomend??

I like the idea of the site on the big island but obviously on a map it is impossible to tell if its any good.