Waders ?

gogu392

Hi Folks,

Are the waders from Canadian tire worth the money? ($119 - Chest waders - Woods)

Are these good or there are better ones out there.

I am looking for a pair with chest to be able to wear them in sunny days without to get boiled and not get frozen in cold days.

Is there a pair who can handle that?

Which one?

Regards.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I would suggest ordering a pair of breathables. Now that I have switched I will never go back to anything else..

Lower end models from cabelas or bass pro shops sound like they'd suit your needs and price range.

i bought a pair from canadian tire this year.

they were $79 bucks and i am happy with them.

can't remember the model.

let me tell you...river fishing has never been better.

i'm killing it with the pickerel and pike now being able to get

to spots i never could before this time of year.

in the summer i just wear the vest, shorts and a good pair

of water shoes. it gets so hot being able to dunk yourself

from time to time is nice.

Hi Folks,

Are the waders from Canadian tire worth the money? ($119 - Chest waders - Woods)

Are these good or there are better ones out there.

I am looking for a pair with chest to be able to wear them in sunny days without to get boiled and not get frozen in cold days.

Is there a pair who can handle that?

Which one?

Regards.

I bought a pair of the green boot foot units from CTC and found them to be very uncomfortable. Hometownhandyman is storing them for me now. Perhaps they feel better to him. I just felt that the legs were too restrictive when I had to lift my knees higher than normal walking. But then I'm a fatazz.

I picked up a pair of breathable sockfoots in the States (Hodgman?) with felt sole wading boots for under $100 on sale a year or two back and they're excellent. I've worn 'em at least 50 times, so far without problems. We do a lot of climbing to get in and out of creeks so they aren't babied. I've got permanent grass stains on the knees and butt from sliding down hills (felt soles aren't great on grassy hills).

Some folks like the neoprene style for our colder waters but I never liked neoprene in my drysuits and found that I could dive comfortably in near freezing temps by layering with good air holding undies. Same with the waders. Layer on the right kind of thermal stuff and I'm comfy. On warm days and warm water I wear shorts only under them and I'm quite comfortable.

I'm sure if I was using them more often I'd see the value in going for the big name (big price tag) but so far economical is good.

JF

I recently was on a hunt for Waders as well - until Jet (from the board) told me about LLBEAN.COM - Apparently they have THEE BEST WARRANTY out there.

Their prices are pretty cheap too... but what sold me, is their warranty (Lifetime; No questions asked).

if you want something to get you buy, then grab the ones from canadian tire... if you want something thats going to last for a long long time and be EXTREMELY comforatable in then go to bass pro and buy a pair of Simms.. you dont need the 400- 600 dollar ones, buy the $200 breathables, ive owened way too many waders in my day, the Simms are by far the most durable and most comforatable ive ever owned! get a size bigger than you normally would so that you can use them in the winter/fall months for the steelhead. i was a commercial baitfish harvestor for 4 years and wore waders 6 days a week all the time. from my own experience, ive seen guys go through 4-5 pairs of them crappy tire waders a season where with the simms i got 2 or 3 FULL seasons outta them. with The hell i put them through, they turned me into a believer!

I love my Simms but am a bit hesitant to take them stream crashing for brookies. I do have a pair of cheap rubber boot foot hip waders from Crappy Tire, but there is absolutely no support at all and my feet are screaming at the end of the day.

I'd like to pick up some stocking foot breathable hip waders, but haven't found a place that carries them.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i have been wearing cheap breathables with rubber rainpants over top for bush bashing streams.

first season working with them and there is no comparing. the fragility scares me, but i think the rainpants will go a long way in protecting them from beaver chewed alders, rocks, and other snags.

i'm definitely not winning any fashion contests with this getup either.

I bought $60 ones, PVC last year, hot, sticky and bound to my legs, ripping hair of them and scarring me in four places from friction. Uncomfortable boot soles etc. Be warned, you could wreck your back. Got $200 breathables from Bass Pro, loose, comfy and cool with comfortable boots - if you want to wade a lot, spend the money, if you don't care, just wait till it is warm and get wet but avoid the cheap ones.

I have a pair Crappy Tire that I bought 3-4 years ago. They are the all brown ones and I beleive they were $119 regular price. They have been durable and relatively comfortable. I got an extra boot size up so I can put on my woolies in the cold weather. They are fine in the cold, but a little warm in the summer. But not bad when your in the water though.

Edited by Banger68