HOW MANY PIKE!!!!!!????

limeyangler

Hi all, got out to a little lake 10 minutes from town with lew. This Lake holds some awesome walleye, my last fish out of there was a 28" last October.

We hit the lake around 3pm and right off the bat lew was into a little pike, then i got one, then we were catching non stop for 3 hours, we had 4 dozen minnows and left the lake with only 6 in the bucket.....and we only caught 2 walleye an hour before we left, we must have got at least 30 pike between us.

I started filming thinking we might get a couple, but gave up after it became apparent you can only film the same thing 2 or 3 times before its pointless....lol...here's a clip so you get an idea of the size of pike we were catching.

ALL PIKE WERE AROUND 15"-25"

WE GOT A COUPLE OF WALTERS ALONG A WINDSWEPT WEEDLINE

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

We were after walleye and used various methods, jigs, beetlespins, slip bobber, X-raps, walleye spinners. Lake is only 30' deep max....fish were mostly suspended at 10' in average 15' of water.

Things should start to picjk up in this lake when summer finally decides to put in an appearance up here....it was colder than October out there!

OMG Simon!!! :o

IMG_3733.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

Those 2 Wall-ice are "Radio-Active Brainwave Fish"!!!... they send out signals that mess up the focus on your camera! :angry:

I've dealt with these kind of fish before!... the best thing you can do with those type of fish is to take them home and eat them (that's what i do with mine) before they breed and multiply!!! ;)

Great report... but day-yum it looks cold up there!!!... but it won't be long now before you get some warm weather, it's going to be 32*C here today and 33 tomorrow! B)

WTG Simon :thumbsup_anim: Even if you didn't get into more eyes.... sounds like you guys had a blast with the snot rockets :thumbsup_anim:

It's only a matter of time now!!!

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

Yup, time...lots of it....lol. I'm just doing up a report from yesterday, and it took all day...but we found dem 'eyes...real nice ones. Lew was dissappointed as we were fishing at his cabin which he was keen to show me, since the fishing can be spectacular. He said the fishing that day was the worst he had ever had, I on the other hand had no complaints.

Those 2 Wall-ice are "Radio-Active Brainwave Fish"!!!... they send out signals that mess up the focus on your camera! :angry:

I've dealt with these kind of fish before!... the best thing you can do with those type of fish is to take them home and eat them (that's what i do with mine) before they breed and multiply!!! ;)

Great report... but day-yum it looks cold up there!!!... but it won't be long now before you get some warm weather, it's going to be 32*C here today and 33 tomorrow! B)

YUP...time for another new camera, i dropped it on the kitchen floor, aint been the same since :angry::( , and yup it is freezing up here, I had my down filled parka and thermal underwear on yesterday in the boat , and boy was i glad i did. For chrissakes, i was wearing the same clothing i wear icefishing!

Right on Simon, nice fish. Look on the bright side it may be cold but at least you're not battling bugs. :)

Amen to that solo, that is definitely a plus, bought a can of deep woods a month ago ready for the vampires, but aint used it yet.