Lake Erie Smallmouth & Walleye

I was lucky enough to be invited out to fish with my good friend Barry, for a day of fishing on Lake Erie (US Waters). We could not have picked a better day to go fishing. The weather was amazing and Lake Erie was glass for most onf the morning.

We were targeting bass but we happen to fall upon a huge Sheephead and Walleye bite first thing in the morning around 6:30am.

Barry with the first fish of the day!

_DSC1642.jpg

Barry with my two fish. He always wants to be in the pictures with the biggest fish.

_DSC1650.jpg

After that bite died off Barry went on to put on a clinic on Smallmouth. He caught at least a dozen fish before I even caught my first.

Barry with the first Smallmouth of the day.

_DSC1643.jpg

Barry caught this SOW (Another word for HOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!) near the end of the day. This fish was probabaly 6 3/4 pounds and measured just over 22".

_DSC1646.jpg

In total we caught over 50 Bass, 12 Sheephead & 4 Walleye. What a great day on the water.

Nice fish indeed!

What kind of rod and reel does Barry use? Just kidding. I like the new hoodie indeed. Need to get one of those.

50 bass is a great day.

Edited by Cudz

Man, there are some super fish in those shots! Thanks for sharing those.

ps. Any day that the bite is so hot that you don't have time to zip up your fly is a good day. :D