Otonabee River - Is it good?

Hi there, just booked a campsite on the Otonabee river for the first week of July. Will be going for Bass. Since this will most likely be my only time away from the wife and kids to relax and fish this summer, I want to make it worth my while. Can anyone tell me how the fishing is? I want to go somewhere where it is hot. I only have a 12 ft. aluminum, so that is why I chose the river, rather than the main lake...safety. The campground is located 7 miles up river from Rice lake.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It's been a few years since I have fished Rice Lake but one of the fun things to do was anchor just outside of the river mouth off to either side then toss a tube or worm into the wash of the bigger boats as they were coming out into the lake...the bigger boats stirred up the bottom pretty good and the bass would move in to gorge themselves on any goodies that were easy pickin's... :lol:

I've heard the timber in that river holds great amounts of largies.

You heard right!

Concentrate your efforts around the timber, lily pads and rock ledges of the river.

Topwater, crawfish coloured crankbaits and flipping soft plastics are your best bets.

Cheers,

Stoty