20hp Merc 2 stroke help

ColdH20guy

Hi guys

So my neighbour and I were opening up her cottage today on Gloucester Pool and after putting the motor on the back of the boat and firing it up, after putting it in gear it would quit every time. I am assuming the gas isnt getting through some how but it was driving us crazy. She just had it tuned up for this year so we thought we were good to go...I did bring the gas line that connects up to the motor home with me; it has seen better days and was going to take it into the marine place where she had it tuned. The primer bulb didnt want to keep firm so I dunno....maybe we just need a new line?

kind of frustrating to say the least as she just got the boat last year from her cottage neighbour..

any thoughts greatly appreciated..

thanks

Richard

IMG_2551_1_.jpgthanks guys

had me wondering about the 'backwards' application! I'm pretty sure the arrow was towards the motor...I'm going to taker 'er in today and see if they can tell..thanks for the replies....

here's a pic....(also seems to sit low with the weight of the motor and myself in it, although when it was running I was able to get it on plane at a decent speed but when in slow speed seemed to 'run high' at the bow.....need a big anchor at the front I guess! lol