Lake Nip.

hoops12

I don't know that I'm familiar with Cache Bay, but this time of year, a red or white jighead with a minnow is pretty much all you need. Start in 15 FOW off of points or bluffs, and move deeper until you find them. Also do a search on the forum for Nipissing...you should come up with a reasonable amount of info....good luck :D

The water is 2 feet high in Cache Bay right now...that brings the total depth to about 7 feet at best..

Walleye can be had by throwing anything that you would use for pike... pike will be everywhere...

the mouth of the Veuve River will be vest for the eyes and so will the mouth of the Sturgeon...

What kind of boat do you have ?... I'll look out for you ... I will also be on the Bay practicing for the Tourney the following weekend...

Look for a red Tracker with OFC stickers and a flame job that will be me..

Spoons for pike are usually very good for pike in the Bay... spinnerbaits as well and Rapalas are great too..

Randy

Thanks for the info Randy. I will be in a camp Le Plage boat, as we are staying there for the weekend. If i see you, i will make a point to say hi.

When you say spoons, i'm asuming johnson's silver/gold minnow and 5 of diamonds? Does live bait on jigs work best for the eyes?

Thanks again for the info.

I like to use a Williams Wabler... I must throw those all year.... multiple colors I use the #50 & #60 sizes.

They are nice and light and can stay above the weeds...Johnson's Silver Minnow tipped with a tail...

Heavy spoons tend to sink and catch a lot of weeds unless reeled fast no matter how they're rigged.

As for the Walleye , if you fish at the Veuve River or along Oak Island , Pickerel Rock and or the Sturgeon River mouth.

Here it is... the White Bass "Silver Bass" are coming in right now... If you use minnows " Shiners "expect a few empty bags by the end of the day .. but mostly on "Silvers"

To increase the chance of the Walleye a Dew Worm on a Jig/trailer... or a Dace Minnow '' Silvers" seem to not like these presentations as much. Silvers are great fighters but if you're after Gold the Silver seems to get in the way.

RFS

:canadian:

My_Tracker.jpg