Annual Spring Fishing Trip

That time of year has come again for my annual spring fishing trip with the boys. Unfortunately my 2 brothers can't make it this year however after many years I was able to convince my wife's step-dad to come along. He's a Newfie so I know there will be plenty of jokes and a good time. This year will be even more sweet as we missed last year for the first time in 8 years (damn job) :D .

We're headed to Greening Bay on the South Shore of Nipissing the 2nd weekend in June.

Below is a pic from a few years ago. One of my favourites. It's my brother and a buddy of ours.

gallery_183_51_34655.jpg

Do what just about everybody else does... anchor 5 feet from the boat that is catching all the fish. B)

Seriously though, if you see a group of boats anchored that's a good place to start, just give 'em a bit of room. This time of year in the middle of the day I'd try drifting or trolling the same spots that produce at dusk and dawn. Jigs with minnows or worms are standard and a trailer hook is often used. Personally, I use a gulp alive and other scented plastics and don't feel that I get out fished at all. I use scented plastic worms on crawler harnesses as well. Harnesses are my first option when drifting.

Good Luck