Weeknd Report

holdfast

As Usual if I get a weekend off I always try to get to my trailer in Big River for Rest and Relaxation. Saturday we finally got some good temperatures, Sunny and 15, so I figure Id do a bit of Painting. First the Deck, and then the Bottom of the Trailer.

P5100032.jpg

When I finally got up and stood back, I knew Id never, ever, make it as a decorator. The Stain totally clashes with the blue. I knew I had to do some thing but wasn't sure what, so I asked a couple of women neighbors what they thought. After laughing at me, we decided that maybe painting the Blue at the peak with White would help

P5100033.jpg

I'm thinking that I might even paint the aluminum that is Blue also White. Any Opinions? So off I go to Home Hardware and the guy recommends not painting at all as it still gets cold at night. That's all I needed as an excuse to go fishing.

If you recall that my last report was after hiking in the bush I found the old road that led to Fish Lake. So that's where I went. A twenty minute drive.

map1.png

Too easy, I took the Canoe and Spike to his first fishing trip. Two Rods, a Light and Medium action as my Quarry was either Pike or Pickerel. So I brought my Mitchell's 300 and Spidercast outfits.

P5090023.jpg

P5090018.jpg

I had to tie Spike to the Front as I had no Idea what he would do. He even tried jumping out of the truck when I was Bombing down the highway. The last time he made a getaway of seven Kms, and last week he was gone for 24 hours. As I got close to the reeds he decided he would bolt on land but ended up in the drink. I always had to watch my balance as he was always moving around. He loved the Loons and Ducks though.

P5090026.jpg

P5090028.jpg

P5090031.jpg

P5090027.jpg

I must of trolled and Paddled for about 3 hours to get around the Lake. My fish finder was reading between 6 and 20 feet of water and not one bite. I used a deep runner as well as shallow and not a Bite. But at least I caught the salad, but no meat.

P5090025.jpg

P5090024.jpg

Nothing even by this beaver dam

P5090029.jpg

At least the scenery was good. Also the exercise.

P5090020.jpg

P5090021.jpg

P5090031.jpg

All I can say is I'm going to try this lake again as I'M not giving up. It may just be, that I was fishing a lake with only brook trout using pike lures.

You'll get 'em next time bud, nice report nonetheless!

If you're not sure what species of fish are in that lake the district MNR biologist likely does. I'd give him a call...

(If it was me I'd re-paint the deck and trailer bottom forest green. Everything blue on the trailer re-paint a taupe colour. Deck rails the same green as the deck, spindles taupe. :) )

DO NOT!... I repeat... DO NOT listen to the wimmins!!!.. they know very little aboot color combinations!!!... most of them think purple and yellow are a hideous color combination!!!... little do they know!!!

The red makes the blue stand out and the blue makes the red stand out... and both make the white look cleaner!!!... I leave it as is!!!

That Spike is a "mess" eh!!!... feed him bacon (cooked) or Beggin' Strips and he'll be your buddy for life!

Try casting an inline spinner in that lake... it's a multi species lure, never know what you're gonna haul in on one of those things!!!

Great report and pics Holdie!!! :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

Looking forward to your next one!!! ;)

You did good, Rob. Nice shots too. I don't think that's a trout lake...looks like pike water to me but as Mike said, the MNR can give you a heads up on species there.

As for house colour, use the colour you want or have or is on special. You remember years ago NO ONE would paint their livingroom purple but now it's ok cause now they call it PLUM. Red was a bad colour for a bedroom but now it's ok cause they now call it STRAWBERRY! It's YOUR place, YOU live in it, paint it the colour YOU want.

Thanks for the report...looking forward to seeing the next one. That's the one where you include a pic of the 40+ incher outta that lake.

You remember years ago NO ONE would paint their livingroom purple but now it's ok cause now they call it PLUM. Red was a bad colour for a bedroom but now it's ok cause they now call it STRAWBERRY!

Maybe, but that's only because everyone's been brainwashed by the glut of home reno shows on tv.

Usually hosted by "flamboyant" personalities wearing plum and strawberry.