Lakefront Promenade - Pike?

MSBruno

Was there today to wash some lures and saw nothing .. No weed beds, very small baitfish swimming and saw what looked like a trout swimming.

I heard there were pike here, at least weed beds .... Am I in the wrong area? I fished the 2 goverment ramps and the sailing clubs.

Thanks in advance.

i havent had luck at this park either...

i was told the same and get skunkd everytime!

I have watched some "Whitebucket" action at the back of the marina where the walkway streches around the back to a point. Dude fishing with worms catchin crappie, rockbass,etc.

funny you mention the trout...i to have seen them cruise the marina, no biters though.

please let me know if you have any more luck...

theres almost 100% that there are still some post spawn pike in there wanting to put some weight on as with most marinas right now.

one thing that i did notice though is that the weather plays a huge role in hitting pike or not. was at my spot 3 days consecutively last week, first two days was nothing but sunshine and hot weather and i hit a good amount of fish in those two days. the third was cloudy and rainy and i did not hit any pike what so ever, as if there were none there at all no follows no nothing. so my advise is to wait a couple of warmer days to warm up the water temp and go try again!

Edited by l2p

i hit that spot last week as well as ashbridges bay and caught nothing.

no followers. not a bite.

there were no weeds in site and the water looked a weird greeny colour.

every spring i give my local waters here in toronto another chance and

am disappointed every time.

the one spot i've yet to hit though is toronto island.

can't wait to get up north and fish water that is clean

and full of life.

You gotta work as much of the likely spots on the lakeshore as you can...I've thrashed the water pretty good so far, and am ready to give up unless I get some time to hit the Islands. Or possibly the ferry docks around Queens Quay. Just keep searching Bruno....could be presentation too. Supposedly a jig and lizard is a good tactic this time of year...check out the info on the fishcity website.

Starting to see the bigger females close to the shallows in calm water.. Looked like they just came off the spawn. They all seemed in trauma though! Smaller males were still hanging around. Have been seeing some browns cruising around, real skittish as well and definetly no takers..

Should be any day now. End of May is prime time.

cheers

HD