heading to BOQ june 7-14th

wolfmachine

me and my boys are spending our yearly trip at my friends cottage on thompson point.

fishing for us is usually slow because i'm the only guy that actually takes it seriously lol

i know summer walleye go deep.. so i have the following things to bring with me

2x okuma line counter reels on trolling rods

2x inline planer boards

bunch of different deep diving reef runners and rap tail dancers

amongst other things(pike gear)

should i pick up some worm harnesses and try some back trolling? i'm limited to equipment because my buddies are walleye illiterate.

i really want to get some walleyes in the boat this year to cook a nice shore lunch for my friends.

are there any colors that work best? i'm thinking of trolling around the glenora fairy/adolphus reach/ bass cove area in the deep water. maybe even try over by the cement factory, or shermans point and that island thats close to hay bay

the boat we have up there doesn't have a graph so i'm just going by where i have seen superdad fishing up there before.

pm's are welcome.

We've had good success during this period in Hay Bay area in 7-12 feet of water fishing weedlines.. We will be there just after the May long weekend

looking for some keepers for a nice shore lunch..

Tiz

Wolfman

Staying at Thompsons Pt, you're right beside some of the best water in BOQ. The little cove, east of Thompsons is GREAT... Troll the weed lines with spinners and worms, start shallow and work your way out, they're there...

The other side of Thompsons is Mallory Bay, another good place where the weeds have changed dramatically, It might be too early for Mallory, but you can always try.

Read this board and quintefishingcom for up to date reports.

Try using a slip sinker and a BIG minnow on a small salmon hook, about a six foot lead. Just drift it along the bottem with your bail open. When you get a hit give it line and when you think it is good flip the bail and give it a hit. Use in Mallory Bay or over by Sherman Point. Just another thing to try.

Good luck.