28 MORE DAYS!!!

beerman

I was reading you need an Outdoors Card this year ???

If you're coming from the USA.. yes.. out of residence anglers now need an outdoors card as well (or the paper application in lieu of card). So when you stop to get your fishing licence you'll also have to fill out a card application and carry both with you. The card will come in the mail and I suspect the card will be good for 3 years like ours.. so next year you should just have to buy a sticker for it and go fishing.

So you also fished yesterday? How did you do?

We have been there 2 times, and the one time it was 100 degrees every day, we killed the walleye... I learned from going so much, that it all depends on the weather. We went to Edgar Lake last year, and the weather was all over the place.. Snow, sleet, rain, etc.. That was the worst fishing we had at cochrane air and Edgar is there best outpost???

Our guys love yesterday lake due to the fingers, coves , and rocky shorelines.. I would have to say its my favorite lake I fished yet with cochrane air...

dont you fish everyday?

HeHe, no not everyday. I've been on a ton of trips in that neck of the woods though over the years.

Beerman, we went to Little Wakwayokastic in September. Walleye fishing was decent enough. Largest was a pretty incredible 32" and super fat caught on a perch shad rap.

There were a couple of very obvious spots where we anchored up and jigged up as many as we wanted..

Overall it was okay, not great but definitely okay.

Cabin wasn't particularly great imo, and I'm not a big fan in general of the James Bay lowland type lakes.

Much prefer shield country.

MArk said they re-did the cabin in 2006>> Were you there this past september?

Heck no, this was 5 years ago.

When we flew in there was a group of young lads from Buffalo I think who were flying into another lake.

They said they'd been on a ton of trips with Cochrane air over the years,,,

That wasn't you was it? :)

LOL..No that was not me.. We always go first 2 weeks of June!! Yes, they re-did the cabin, just talked to mark.. I guess some people were complaing about all the nails on the bunks.. They re-did the cabin in 2006.

Also, we are all from pittsburgh, pa..

• 2 weeks later...