Jordan Harbor

Hey Salmon GUYs,

im planning on going out to jordan harbor tomorrow for the first time for some spring salmon /trout action

is there anything i should i know about fishing this area that will better my chances of landing some nice kings?

i went out on the lake atleast 6 times last season out of fishermans pier with no luck, i kinda wanna get the skunk outta my boat

thanks alot

Can't really help you with Kings this time of year, but you won't have to go to far from the harbour for Browns. You will likely see several people trolling the mud line where the water changes clarity.

That is a good spot to start

Cheers

Craig

Don't be shy, get in close to shore 12-15 ft of water, long line blue white raps and other colors , jointed or sticks, 8inch baits. They could also be out in 20-30 feet. make sure you have plenty of line on your rod. If you hook into a 25lb king he/she will take you for a ride if you are using a spinning reel with 12LB test. As mentioned, there could be a mudline but I have caught fish inside the mudline too. Trolling at 2-2.5 mph and good luck to you.

hey guys thanks for the help

there were alot of boats out there today..not too many people landing much

ending up going just 1 for 1 , boating a nice king. ~35FOW flating lining a big rap. 2.5mph roughly

salmon1.jpg

boated her not even 15 minutes into setting up. then nothing else for 4 hours.

crap

ohwell no more skunk