Scoping Knee today -updated

tinbanger

I had rumatory authrities when I was 15 due to a broken knee that I didn't know about. Went through a couple of years of knee drains once a week with a needle (talk about pain!!) Anyway I went in for surgury and had it shaved, haven't had a problem since except for the fact that you can tell when the rain and cold weather's coming <_<

well in at 9 am for the procedure

Surgeon walks in and after review of the MRI thinks that there is no tear in the cartilige but suggest the scoping would still be a good idea.

No tears , ACL ok But lots of inflammation and fluid

Few hours later we are on our way home.

Very painfull but the painkillers seem to be working ok.

will have to wait the outcome of the blood tests for more info.

He is suspecting Lupus .. will know more in 4-5 days .

TB

yes we did the smae and spoke with our pharmisist as well.

always a bit scarey when anything is followed by the word 'disease'

combination of diet ,exercise and drugs will help ... IF that is what it is.

TB

i had mine scope had a double bucket tear of the meniscous . scope friday umpired slo-pitch sunday night witha cane, drove tractor trailor monday morning,all depends on pain tolerance and how fast you want to recover the recovery is to move it to make it work, and have ice pacs ready for rest time

i had my meniscus surgery in september... there will be minimal movements for a few weeks... just do the stretches and excercises they tell you too every day and she will be back to normal in no time...

my tear was a "bucket handle tear" which apart from completely tearing the muscle is one of the worse ones...the only problem i have right now is i cant fully bend my knee 100%... so no crouching... its about 85% right now... and getting better everyday..

good luck!