Evolution Of Tournament Bass Fishing

MCTFisher9120

My class and I have been assigned a project regarding research into a project. I need info on my topic that I choose which is "Evolution Of Tournament Bass Fishing". I am trying to look for informative sites that give info about the history of tournament bass fishing(first ever bass tourny) and how it has changed over the years. Any help in some informative web sites would be appreciated :)

Thanks,

Mike

There was a book out around 2001 by the founder of BASS and Ranger boats as I recall. It was actually pretty good if I am remembering correctly.

Note, that although the history follows a similar timeline as the United States, it has evolved in a very different way. This is primarily due to a smaller market, with astronomically larger distances and a smaller range of tournament bass fishing, until the last ten years. British Columbia was the last and most unique and is still in its infancy (it is developing but is more different than anyone involved in tournaments in Ontario could imagine). Ontario is the oldest with Quebec and Manitoba following suit in a smaller way. Alberta and Saskatchewan has no bass fishing tournaments but do have walleye tournaments that are by and large much larger in terms of payouts, than any other area of Canada. Just some tidbits.

You could also try googling BASS or say Bass tournament history. Cross reference anything you get on the net of course, given that somethings are not accureate. Good luck on your assigment.

outdoorguy61

Look for a book titled Bass Madness by Ken Schultz (2006). He does a very good job of discussing the history and evolution of bass tournaments in the US. His take on the scene is very cynical, but does provide clear cut arguments to prove his points.

well the first tourney was 2 cave men spearing bass, Klang turned to Ugana and said me can catch more swimmy food then you

Ugana replied me much better then you and have SHIcaveMANO two piece wood and bone spear, so I can fish all day long without getting tired. A crowd gathered to watch and the first annual tourney was spawned, I think Misfish and Beans were there

Ugana weighed in 40lbs of bass and took first place

Edited by Terry