Electric motor help

Handlebarz

Well I am going to get a new bow mount I ldont like cable steer and do like the price on this unit from Cabelas at $709 USD Minn Kota PowerDrive™ 80PD V2 Motor

If you know of a store in Canada that is in the ball park I would look there also.

What I need it to do for me

Boat 17.5' starcraft superfisherman

I need it to be able to handle the detroit river would this unit be big enough for the river?

What is the best way to hook up the two batteries I have head both sides one in series and the other in paralle which is better?

What about a on board charger I see BPS has a 2 bank on sale for $99 USD that is a 6amp charge.

thanks for the help.

WTG Mr.Eh :thumbsup_anim:

I just did exactly the same thing this morning, ordered my new Minn Kota Terrova 55lb thrust, Autopilot and Universal Sonar with the Co- pilot remote control....cant wait to get my boat out n the water , still at least a foot of ice out there though :mellow:

Anyway, after checking out the prices everywhere from Ebay to Bass Pro( who did not even stock the model i wanted) i found this unit cheapest by some C$300 than everywhere else at Cabelas in Winnipeg.