Carp Report!

danbouck

Well I had some time to kill tonight so I decided to head out, try for some carp and take the little ones for a walk. I got to my spot around 7:45 and threw in my line. This time I brought plenty of bait to chum the water. My son decided he would make sure the carp ate well tonight and tossed in a good half pound of corn.

I think I will take him with me next time because as soon as I told him to stop BANG fish on. I think everybody within a square mile heard my son screaming in excitement . It ended up being my first ever carp and I am now officially hooked.

IMG_0595.jpg

It was just a baby 19"er but it still put up a decent fight.

I will be out a few more times this week and would like to get one over 30"

Thanks to everyone for their help on carp fishing.

Dan

Congrats, Dan. That's a fine looking fish. And with carp size doesn't matter- the smaller ones are often more lively than the lumps and can really peel off the line. And, like Victor said, when the water warms up you'll be in for some crazy runs.

Yaaayy Carp....... :wallbash: Lol. I don't mind fishing for them but man, I wish they could be a little quicker getting out of the way of my lures running across their backs!!! I almost broke my rod last night trying to pull one off.. <_< I'm gonna have to put some corn on the hook and do some fishing for them soon. Nice report I'm sure there will be more to come lol.