Simcoe Smelts Wow !!!!!

tizfun

We just got a pail from a friend of ours who was at the east side of the lake.. They did fairly well, 16 pails from what they said.. This is NO BULL as cousins I've talked to also got pails and 1/2 pails.. All I know is that they were at a friends cottage and they had to wade our into 3 feet of water from his dock.. They even got 2 walleyes in their nets.. not sure if they put them back.. Hope so !!!!

Funny thing is they will not disclose where they are and the people that have gone with won't tell.. I've tried asking, but their lips are sealed..

It's fine with me as I'm in for a few feeds of smelts... Some reserved for my folks and in-laws.. Everyone's Happy !!!!!!

Tiz

Edited by tizfun

We just got a pail from a friend of ours who was at the east side of the lake.. They did fairly well, 16 pails from what they said.. This is NO BULL as cousins I've talked to also got pails and 1/2 pails.. All I know is that they were at a friends cottage and they had to wade our into 3 feet of water from his dock.. They even got 2 walleyes in their nets.. not sure if they put them back.. Hope so !!!!

Funny thing is they will not disclose where they are and the people that have gone with won't tell.. I've tried asking, but their lips are sealed..

It's fine with me as I'm in for a few feeds of smelts... Some reserved for my folks and in-laws.. Everyone's Happy !!!!!!

Tiz

They dont say where they were because it would ruin their spot when the name gets on this, or another fishing board or through word of mouth and the spot gets screwed over by everyone in Toronto and Barrie area who will be coming to Simcoe the next weekend to try out that new hot spot.

They dont say where they were because it would ruin their spot when the name gets on this, or another fishing board or through word of mouth and the spot gets screwed over by everyone in Toronto and Barrie area who will be coming to Simcoe the next weekend to try out that new hot spot.

Sounds rude but take his advice. It's one thing to tell someone you met down fishing but when it comes to boards with hundreds of thousands of users, word of mouth travels faster then you can get off the water... nice post, I'd like to see some pics of the smelts everyone is catching on Simcoe. I wouldn't even mind doing some fishing for them one time!

If any of the gals/guys that I have up to the lake published the spot that we were ice fishing.. they wouldn't be back !

lol your right, their friends would. :P

But seriously, lets see some of the bigger ones in your bucket.

exactly..I cringe at some of the minute details folks post publicly