Broke new spinning reel.Any sugestion to fix it?

idesign

I assume this reel has a warranty if so take it back a reel should not break there. I am assuming you did not run over it with a vehicle or close your trunk on it.

Curious how did it break?

i think i accidentally stepped on reel & rod it while trying to unhook the big rainbow.

i don't have receipt either.

let me know.thx

Honesty is the best policy. phone, email, and mail daiwa and tell them what happened and include that picture. Usually no place will take that back without a recipet, so you kinda did yourself in there. Talk to the store you bought it at if its a local tackle shop, and ask for the manager, maybe you can work out some kind of deal on a new one. If your polite about it, and the managers a dick about it, tell him your going to goto (insert other local tackle shop name here) because they have the same one for 50cents cheaper then walk out.

I wouldn't know what to say. Looks like a MAC truck backed into it. Give Daiwa a call 1-562-802-9589, they might charge you to fix it, but it would be cheaper then a new one. It looks like it just needs the body, I would actually order the parts needed and put it back together, it's not hard. You will get it back quicker, unless you don't mind waiting for repair.

i think i accidentally stepped on reel & rod it while trying to unhook the big rainbow.

i don't have receipt either.

let me know.thx

You "think" ?

Come on.... a break like that ? And you "think" you stepped on it.

Suck it up buttercup and don;t be taking advantage of warranties that if it doesn't cover abuse.

You "think" ?

Suck it up buttercup and don;t be taking advantage of warranties that if it doesn't cover abuse.

:D i don't think warranty covers extreme abuse. im with splashhopper on this one, you broke it, fix it yourself or pay for new from your own pocket.

I have never seen a break like that before, i really doubt it can be fixed and even if it could i would not trust it. Must have been a flaw in the casing for it to break that bad from you standing on it, or did you stand on it with your F150...lol

You "think" ?

BUTTERCUP???????? You Think

I would say BEACHBALL, he must weigh 700lbs to step and break it if he is not sure.

Daiwa warranty used to be through Aikmans or perhaps Rockys. Not sure how up to date this is, given how Daiwa has changed over the years. A broken body is very uncommon..... however....be honest and most companys will often surprise you. This part will be hard to get, so please either contact a Canadian warranty centre or Daiwa directly.

outdoorguy61

My advice is to replace it; the last thing you want is to have it fail when you are fighting the fish of a lifetime.

If do you repair it; be sure to carefully check the rest of the reel for damage, the magnitude of force that snapped it would likely cause other defects.

Dan

I had a broken reel just like that, a Quantum Calatyst 20 took it back to where I got it and had a brand new one in a week.

Take it back to where you bought it from, explaint what happened.

If the sales rep for Daiwa might be @ to help you out.

Jose