Ice Espanola/subury

youngvedder

was out for a while today for specks open about 10-20 feet from shore on North (south facing side) still almost enough snow in the bush to snowmobile in a lot of spots this is a shot from about 20 feet up you can see the ice is pretty crap. might still be ice on them in a week

this was north of espanola about 15 miles.

Matt!

boundary_high.jpg

I know the lads ripped down Temagami, on sleds, on the weekend to fish a speck lake up the North arm...

You won't get me on any ice now.

I think it was 3 or 4 years ago we lost a friend up here on the ice about a week ago.

If I stand at shore and say....I think it should be ok...then its not. For a couple fish...I don't think so.

You planning on Big Basswood pikeslayer?

Here's the infared from April 23rd. Bright turquoise is the thickest ice.

sat09-04.jpg

Black open water or thin, clear ice

Dull/ dark blue thin ice with little or no snow cover

Bright turquoise thick ice, snow-covered ice or snow on unforested land (e.g. clearcuts, farmland

Edited by irishfield

dara i wasnt really planning on big basswood but i did hear theres no longer ice on it. i was talking to a buddy that has a camp on garden lake up the ranger lake road and he said there is pretty much just a bunch of ice bergs floating around and by the end of this week the boat is going in the water. im currently waiting on motor parts and as soon as those are in i'll be heading out. although i was thinking of hiking into clearwater lake behind northland lake for some ice out lakers but i bet there is still ice on it and would suck hiking in all that way. also there is still snow in the bush and more then likely snow on the roads and a high possibility of getting the truck stuck in the slushy melting snow.

Here's the infared from April 23rd. Bright turquoise is the thickest ice.

sat09-04.jpg

Black open water or thin, clear ice

Dull/ dark blue thin ice with little or no snow cover

Bright turquoise thick ice, snow-covered ice or snow on unforested land (e.g. clearcuts, farmland

Where did you find that map?

dara i wasnt really planning on big basswood but i did hear theres no longer ice on it. i was talking to a buddy that has a camp on garden lake up the ranger lake road and he said there is pretty much just a bunch of ice bergs floating around and by the end of this week the boat is going in the water. im currently waiting on motor parts and as soon as those are in i'll be heading out. although i was thinking of hiking into clearwater lake behind northland lake for some ice out lakers but i bet there is still ice on it and would suck hiking in all that way. also there is still snow in the bush and more then likely snow on the roads and a high possibility of getting the truck stuck in the slushy melting snow.

I heard Basswood opened up on Sunday.

If I can bum a ride in a boat I will be going for whitefish saturday or sunday.

I just ordered my boat today and will hopefully have it for next week.

I don't feel like putting the old one in the water as I already sold it. Pretty much to the first guy that I said...hey, I have a boat for sale if you know anybody interested.

Never heard of clearwater

PS...know anybody that wants a good ATV?

Edited by Dara

I heard Basswood opened up on Sunday.

If I can bum a ride in a boat I will be going for whitefish saturday or sunday.

I just ordered my boat today and will hopefully have it for next week.

I don't feel like putting the old one in the water as I already sold it. Pretty much to the first guy that I said...hey, I have a boat for sale if you know anybody interested.

Never heard of clearwater

PS...know anybody that wants a good ATV?

Sent you a PM about the ATV.

Thanks