Adventure Fishing Maps - Best and Only out there?

MSBruno

Adventture Fishing maps are the only people producing mape out there for Ontario? Are they any good or waste of money? Anyone have scans of them so I can see what I'm thinking of buying?

Looking at Belwood Lake, Little Lake, Depp Bay of Sparrow Lake and maybe Bass and Couch Lakes

Edited by MSBruno

theyre pretty good maps, depth and fish species in the area is marked. as well as weed beds i believe...

the only thing, the dont last long over time....so unless you get it laminated, youll probably need to buy another one down the road.

also, theyre selection isnt the greatest....the have most of the major fishing spots. but dont have a lot

Backroad Mapbooks also produce fishing maps. I've never bought one but I have a few of their mapbooks and they're pretty good, lots of additional information with directions, boat launches, road access, tips etc. You can see a preview of there maps on their website www.backroadmapbooks.com

I purchased some maps from Adventure maps before. They weren't bad and were definitely better than nothing. I suppose it would depend on the lake though.

I also bought maps from Trak Maps before. I like these maps. I also just bought the Ont/Que map set for my GPS.

http://www.trakmaps.com/index.php

Try anglersatlas.com also, you may find them for free. These are similar to Adventure maps (if I recall correctly).

I also just picked up a fishing book from Le Baron recently that has a bunch of fishing maps and fishing tips in it. It's from Ontario Outdoor Publications. It's about 10 years old but I actually found all the information quite useful. The maps aren't bathymetric though, they just show where certain types of fish are supposed to be.