Horseshoe Lake area...

Dozer

Heading up highway 400 around Parry Sound this weekend and wanna know what the conditions of the water is, I hope there isn't any ice up there.

Anyone have any information for me as to what to fish for at this time of year? I'm no good with Canadian Sheild lakes...

Thanks for the tips :)

Hi Guys, I don't want to hijack this thread but I'm curious about the fishing on Horseshoe. I have property that I've never used and I'm thinking of keeping a small boat there this summer. Just curious because nobody knows much about the lake. Thanks in advance for any info.

Horseshoe does have Lakers but they are far and few between, there may also be special regs regarding Lake Trout, not sure though. Like most lakes in that area its a good pike and smallie lake...they have stocked catchable rainbows in Horseshoe but I dont think they faired to well, may explain why the pike are so healthy though.

Got back, the ice was out ( thankfully )... tried jigging deep spots of the lake ( deepest being 65 feet or so )... only really got to fish for an hour and nothing produced.

Summer time pike is next :)