Fact or Fiction

MCTFisher9120

Terry do you put these on the body harness and let them retrieve the fish for you? Looks like a golden retriever to me :w00t:

I think Terry's bait looks a lot more appealing. The scowl on this one would scare off anything less than a big shark. Reminds me of the look on my wife's face when I pass gas in the family room.

JF

Going back 40 years they used to sell a plastic duckling lure with a couple of spinner blades for feet and some trebles on it. Believe there was also a muskrat looking lure as well.

Edit: found a pic of the duckling

http://cgi.ebay.com/CREE-DUK-VINTAGE-BROWN...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I found that muskrat lure you mentioned about!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Weber-Papa-Muskrat-Mus...%3A1%7C294%3A50

I've heard of these lures, but i've never actually seen one. :o I'm definitely going to have to get my hands on one of these lures. .. If not, ill just make one with my old rubber duckling... just add some spinner blades at the bottom, and I have a big treble hook that is currently not being used at the moment. :P

Edited by Profisher25

I believe it is true, perhaps not so much for muskie fishing though. I have read articles of live dogs and cats being used (which I am STRONGLY AGAINST as well) as bait for shark fishing.

Your telling me you dont use dogs when shark fishing? Talk about an exciting bite! Best setup is to use a blue and gold board with a large dog. Heres some pictures from last season.

300_Shark_surfboard.jpg

article-1088701-0290D6C0000005DC-266_468x286.jpg