Fishing/Hunting Licence

Fisherman

Went by the Barrie Marina this morning, one of the CO's was making his rounds, sure nuff caught one guy, had his old licence, swore up and down he put the new one in his wallet. Make a photocopy or two and put it in a plastic envelope in the tackle box, make an other and keep it with the boat papers.

I always carry a photocopy copy of my insurance papers & boat & trailer registration in a sealed baggy in the boat and that's perfectly acceptable for the OPP, but for some reason I thought copies of licenses weren't acceptable ??

If infact they ARE acceptable, thanks for the tip Fisherman and I'll print off some copies right now and put them with my other stuff.

Well, if you have renewed your license but not carrying the latest one or if you ordered online like me and don't have the paper receipt to go along, you could ask the CO to call in to confirm.

That happened to me on Simcoe on the ice, I didn't know I needed the printout to accompany my card but I told the CO I had recently renewed my license. He called the office, confirmed it, and saved me $150! Thanks C.O.!

Bass Killer: Consider yourself lucky. The CO called & checked for you but he could have just as easily charged you with failing to produce a valid license. From what I've heard the failure to produce a valid license fine is higher than not having a license in the first place.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i used a copy of my license once was but it was stamped by service canada as part of my passport application.

not sure if that's the only reason i got away with it or not. bottom line is that your license is as important as your rod, tackle, boat, landing net, and camera when you fish.

be all american express and don't leave home without it.