Who's Looking forward to Steelhead Opener?

tibbs

I always look forward to trout opener but there's no chance in hell you'll find me steelheading! You can fish steelies year round without the crowds in many instances. Opener for me will be on a beauty little speck and brown stream with no company! :D

I always look forward to trout opener but there's no chance in hell you'll find me steelheading! You can fish steelies year round without the crowds in many instances. Opener for me will be on a beauty little speck and brown stream with no company! :D

Exactly.

Why fish steelhead when the best fishing is long over?

I actually look forward to trout opener every year. Its a chance to get out with a bunch of guys I rarely get to fish with and fish water that we havent fished all year. I think that spring steelheading is one of the best times to target them; although the fish do not fight as hard as the fall, they are extremely acrobatic and if you put some time in, you can usually find some streches of rivers all to yourself.

I know in some places its a combat zone, where I can see one being detered. Good luck to all no matter where they go.

J