Walleye season went out with a whimper

limeyangler

Well....what can i say.

Last day for walleye today, had plans to go out with a buddy somewhere good, but then life caught up with me and i landed another night shift which meant i had to settle for in front of the house( fishing has been spectacularly awful at our end of Wabigoon Lake this ice season).

To be fair i did catch a few small ones, but with one eye on the clock, a camera with a dead battery, and no fishfinder because the transducer cable got cut the other day...my heart was not really in it.

To top things off.....lol.....the ice at my shore line is fast turning to slush and gave way over the top of my Sorels....thought i was going through...scared the hell out of me....but it would have only been waste high if i did...still cold wet feet kinda summed up the occasion....lol.

I was in Dryden for meetings yesterday and was surprised at how little snow is there. We still have 15 -18 inches on the ground but the good news is the lake is turning slushy in the afternoon sun.

I talked to the mayor of Vermilion Bay at our meeting and he was telling me that the camp owners in his area are all hoping with their fingers crossed the ice on Eagle Lake will be gone by the opening day.