Dunville is now out of the question - possibly Orangeville now...

rbaquial

Ok, so looks like my last post was made all for nothing in regards to Dunville Fishing (but no worries, I still plan to head there sometime...)

Looks like we're heading to ORANGEVILLE to do some fishing - Just a few questions...

1) Is this lake/pond found HERE open for fishing? If so, what can we expect to catch out of there? Is this the "Conservation" park I've heard people talk about?

2) There is another lake/pond found HERE . What can we expect to catch out of there? Are there places accessible from shore to fish?

I just wanna know the DO's and DO NOT's of this zone. I'm too tired to look it up :P (been out shopping all day with the wife! and we ALL KNOW how tiring that can be sometimes!)

I'm so tired - if anyone can add to this - I would really appreciate it.... thanks

PS: Any information I can gather today would be greatly appreciated, we're heading out tomorrow morning.

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

double check your regs, i think everything is out of season at least till next week saturday for trout(no trout in those places) crappie and lots of pike with the odd bass, but again those are out of season. not to sure about the crappie maybe some else could clarify...

Posting 10 pm at night and you want info for the morning? What if someone tells you that you cant fish ether lakes? or what if no one answers you going to go anyways not knowing? first lake if I am not mistaken is Orangeville reservoir, you can catch bass pike and pan fish in it if it is. Almost everything is closed season in the lake. other one I am not sure of but the name of the lake is on the map maybe do some research. I don’t understand how you can basically say your to lazy to look for info and rely on others to spoon feed it to you. I am lazy as hell right now but if I wanted to I can find all the info I need for those two lakes within minutes but I am not the one heading there in the morning so... Don’t ever rely on someone else your only going to be let down in life that way. Not trying to me an ass but your hours away from heading out and want someone to answer all your questions... I hope someone does. Have fun fishing.

Perhaps a little late for this as you may have already left....

First lake is Orangeville Reservior.....like others have said....you will catch Pike, LM Bass, and at least Perch in there. Not sure about crappie or other panfish.....and there was, at one time, trout in there but not sure if there are any left. Pike dosent open till second Sat in May I believe, Bass is Last Sat in June....Perch and Crappie is open all year.

Second lake is Caledon lake, and when I lived in Orangeville (10 years ago now) Caledon lake was a private access lake......not even sure what is in there, and probably not a good idea to try to find out.

Sorry its a little late but hope this helps....

Bill

I'm too late I guess. Bassboy is right about Caledon being private and Island lake in Orangeville doesn't open until this Friday. As I'm typing this you are probably parked at the locked gate, unable to enter. Here is a link to the website for Island lake conservation area. You can fish for crappie and perch once it opens. Click on hours of operation.

http://www.creditvalleycons.com/recandleis...ake.htm#visitor

Edited by jediangler