Boat carpet restoration!

walleyemen

I started this project before i found the damage to my hull ,so having started it i figured i'd finish it as well. I removed all the carpeted panels in the boat to recarpet them, not a very easy job but doable!

001-11.jpg

002-10.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-11.jpg

006-10.jpg

As you can see in the last picture is was a nightmare removing panels around the steering cables, so i supprted the top of the console and removed the panels from around it.

This is what i have gotten down so far as of today, hopefully by the end of the weekend i can have her finished, Materials so far are at about $200, and about 20 hours of work.

005-9.jpg

007-11.jpg

008-10.jpg

009-9.jpg

010-9.jpg

011-2.jpg

Edited by walleyemen

nice looking work-where did you get the new carpet?

Your probally going to laugh but after searching around greatly i found 6'/8' rolls of it from home depot for $20 a roll, no panel in the boat was bigger than these so it worked out perfectly, with minamal waste,plus it comes in about 5 different colors, make sure to purchaes the good indoor outdoor adheseve Roberts 6700 i believe, had i bought the carpet from carpet place i was looking at $200 to start, just for the carpet, Right now i'm about $200, and that after purchasing the carpet, glue, rivet gun rivots , knife, glue spreader. Time and patience if the factor.