G'day from Oz

Fudd

Since i am new to this board i thought i would take this chance to introduce myself. Name is Dave, raised in northern Ontario on the "Island". I now find myself in Australia until later this year.I have been here for the better part of 5 yrs and I am having major fishing withdrawals (rainbow anyway) so i thought i would search out a place to drool.

A bit about myself.

For the better part of the last 4 decades (i am getting old now..lol) i have fished the Bluejay, Manitou and Mindemoya Rivers, for Specks, rainbow and Salmon in the fall. I have a fairly intricate knowledge of these waterways. I also enjoyed (enjoyed is an understatement) fishing Lake Mindemoya, Windfall, Manitou, Meldrum Bay and South Baymouth. I earn a crust web designing and when i return home i will be re starting my guiding business on the Island. I don't know how many islanders we have here but if anyone has any fishing questions about my old stomping ground i will endeavor to help you out. I may even give you a few "secret spots" providing you vacate when i come home...lol

Fishing in Australia is incredible, i do however miss the nature at home. The boundless forests, thousands of lakes and rivers. You really don't realise how good you have it in Ontario lads. I don’t have (can’t find) my fishing photo’s from here so i just walked down the street and snapped a few photo’s on my cell to give you an idea of where i am.

Have to start off with a picture on my dog..named Norton, he is an Aussie pig dog (i don't hunter pigs with him)

032.jpg

This is from my yard, showing how close i live to the Ocean

024b.jpg

So i walked down the street and here are some random shots of the coast.. so about the quality but my cell sucks.

025q.jpg

026i.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

I will endevour to go fishing this weekend and get you all a few nice fish shots hopefully. They are getting some nice snapper, salmon and shark off the beach at Yambuk atm. I look forward to chatting with yas.

cheers Dave