booking flights on line (NF)

tinbanger

If you're going to Kenora you don't really have many options, since the only airline that serves Kenora airport is Bearskin (www.bearskinairlines.com). I've flown with them several times - nice enough airline, and their little twin-prop airplanes take rod tubes without too much difficulty. The catch -- and it's a biggie -- is that they're really expensive. It's all about numbers - not too many people fly to Kenora, so all the costs are split between fewer passengers. Don't be surprised to find out you can fly to Europe for less. The other snag is that they're pretty slow. Those little turbo-props aren't exactly rockets, and they tend to make a lot of stops so they can accommodate as many passengers in a day as possible.

Bearskin doesn't serve Toronto airport, so from southern Ontario your options are to depart from either Kitchener/Waterloo, or from North Bay.

Personally, I would fly from Toronto to Thunder Bay on Air Canada or Westjet, and continue on from Thunder Bay to Kenora on Bearskin. That will save you a few bucks, and it's faster.

The other option is to just take Air Canada or Westjet from Toronto to Winnipeg, and then catch a bus to Kenora. That would probably be the cheapest way to go, and I doubt it would take any longer.

If you're going to Kenora you don't really have many options, since the only airline that serves Kenora airport is Bearskin (www.bearskinairlines.com). The catch -- and it's a biggie -- is that they're really expensive.

No kidding they are expensive.

Looking to fly him from TO to winnipeg for $181 then more than twice that to fly from Winnipeg to Kenora via Bearskin !

Luckily my sister lives in dryden so may see if they would like to take a trip to Winnipeg in May and give him a ride !

TB

Westjet or Jetsgo would work :unsure:

jetsgo hasn't existed for about 5 years. WestJet is seldom the cheapest option anymore. The in flight entertainment and extra leg room on the air canada planes blows the WJ crap out of the water. Even when they're cheaper, I'll gladly pay an extra $20 for the pleasure of not having an uncomfortable flight. There's a reason Air Canada has been voted best North American airline for the last few years. And can you really put a price on not having to groan through the corny jokes at westjet?

A direct flight into either winnipeg or thunder bay with a bus to kenora would be the very cheapest option. Depending on how important a few hours to you is, the bearskin flight might be worth it.

Edited by endless

Im heading up to that area for the summer in early May aswell, and im taking either westjet or aircanada to Winnepeg, then via rail to Minaki. However to Kenora, best route would be Winnepeg with westjet/AC then Greyhound to Kenora. Or just for laughs drive him to Toronto with him expecting a flight out to Winnipeg, then hand him a 2inch thick stack of greyhound tickets and drop him off at the bus station. That would be priceless, but I wouldnt wish that bus trip on my worst enemy.

So how it all breaks down:

Toronto>Winnipeg=2h 30mins

Air Canada: $120-260

Westjet: $120-190

Winnipeg>Kenora=2h 40mins

Greyhound: $25 with his student card discount

Either way hes going to end up on the Greyhound, and he should get there in one piece (couldnt resist).