Building Casting deck on 16 ft deep and wide Lowe

StylinCatch

Hey fellow OFC'rs,

So im sure im definetly not the first and wont be the last to ask, but im just curious about any pointers or tips/tricks to building a casting deck on my deep and wide 16 ft Lowe. Im sure a few have done what im about to take on here.within this forum. Pictures would definetly help of previous projects. Thanks guys and gals. Cheers!

I'm going to do the same thing this summer. I think I read on here something about the new type of pressure treated reacting with aluminum because it has copper in it but don't quote me on it. Hopefully someone can clarify this. I wonder if staining regular lumber with an exterior stain would solve that problem, if that's the case.

Years ago I put a casting deck on my 16 ft lund.

If your using plywood as I did --get a large piece of cardboard and trace and trim/trim trim the shape of the section of boat your covering.

I used aluminum angle for the sides between seats to take the bounce out of it---way above water line---used aluminum hammer rivets.

The problem I see with your picture is no storage door cut into to stow stuff in that front area below your floor--battery etc.

Bushart