Ocho Rios Jamaica

muskeybugged

Hey OFC,

A shot in the dark.......

The GF and myself are heading down to Ocho Rios Jamaica and part of the deal is we go fish (and hopefully catch) for a day. Not to concerned if we drag lures around or cast the Mangroves. Looking for a reasonable price which means I don't want to book it through the hotel with tourist mark up.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Guest gbfisher

Take your own stuff. Not much going on in the way of fishing around there.

Sure there are fishing charters....just not very good ones. :whistling:

Take out the small boats(paddle boats or what have you) and do your own thing. You'd be far better off.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the links fishinFanatic69! Except the $600 1/2 day :o, we are getting the whole trip for only a bit more then that.

GB I like your idea, just a little worried on getting my fresh water gear salty, although I do see that Bass Pro has a telescoping rod for $30 that could be disposable/golf bag rod afterwards.

See you in a week, with a report!

I don't leave until Monday, so keep the info coming!

Thanks Mon!

no problem! it's a vacation mon ....a fishing charter once in a blue moon well I say GO for it!

I was in Negril and we just walked along the beach and there were guys chartering for about 60 bucks...It was a blast as the charter captains are really laid back and fun..You also get to sample some of Jamaica finest Plant life ;) lol

I was in Negril and we just walked along the beach and there were guys chartering for about 60 bucks...It was a blast as the charter captains are really laid back and fun..You also get to sample some of Jamaica finest Plant life ;) lol

Yeah we did Negril last year Tropical Riu, can't remember much! :P

Guest gbfisher

Take your equipment into the shower with you.............that's if your GF doesn't mind. Keeps it salt free. :)

Don't expect amazing deep sea fishing. JA just isn't the place to go for that. Go on a fishing trip and spend the coin.

Enjoy what JA has to offer.

Edited by gbfisher