been a long time!

setomonkey

Hi guys,

Been a long time since I dropped in, months actually since moving from Toronto to Kingston.

Great to see lots of familiar handles & faces, and lots of new members too.

I'm still keen to meet Kingston area OFNCers for a day out or to share info on spots.

Speaking of which. I'm trying to organize a 3 or 4 day trip this May to a lodge/resort around here, don't have the time with the new job and now toddler to go too far this year (but next year...). Looking for a lodge/resort that's maybe 3 or 4 hours from Kingston, preferably north of here as I haven't really fishing that part of Ontario or Quebec before.

Prefer housekeeping plan but open to all suggestions at this point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike

Mike

glad to see you back ! Your in my Hometown and some of the best fishing opportunities in the country .

Wish I could suggest a spot for you .Lots of B&B and boat rental places .

Good luck on the search

Hope to see more of you

TB

Last year I was a tag along on a trip to Lac Nilgaut in Que. It was about a 4 hour drive and was very reasonably priced. We went the may long weekend and I think all expenses the trip was about $500 per person, including licensing and boat/motor for 3 days and a full tank first thing every morning.

The lake contains some huge gators, which we caught a few and saw some even bigger at some of the other cabins. Lake trout is the main forage however, and can exceed 30lbs. Last year was tough because the black fly hatch was on and the lakers were gorging themselves on the emerging fly's but we still had a decent time. Apparently the previous years this group has gone has been consistent 50+ fish days.

I don't know how much you will find on the internet about the place, but definitely worth investigating.

Also there is a lot of hype over the thousand islands around gannanoque since that muskie was caught, very close to home, but a lot of the season may still be closed.

Edited by freshwaterfanatic

Hey Mike.

Welcome to the area. Can't really give you any ideas where to go for a vacation, but I can say the 1000 Islands are amazing to fish. Hit me up if you ever want to get out. Sundays are usually best. As that is the only day I have off. I have a nice stable boat to fit lots of people so that is not a problem.

Offer is open to anyone else as well who wants to go out.