Mountsberg for pike fishing

juan96

Hello

I'm goint to purchase kayak for fishing and head up to Mountsberg Conservation Area for pike fishing.

But just wondering is it too early or not.

Ice was gone already and weather is not bad to kayak fihing I think.

:Gonefishing:

You'll have to wait until the second Saturday in May to fish Mountsberg, that's when it opens, on pike opener. You may be able to fish somewhere else before then. I know Valens doesn't open for fishing until July 1st, but maybe Shades mill or Guelph lake. Puslinch lake is always an option. You could try for panfish or perch there. Orangeville is another conservation area you could try.

Was out at Mountsberg on Friday. 14 people out poaching pike in the sun. I called the MNR. Hopefully they sent someone out to round up the idiots out there. Saw many keep pike and put them into plastic bags. More morons out fishing off the tracks. Hope they got the $500 tresspass fine ontop of the out of season fines.

the area needs some solid policing , since the morons who use this great little jem abuse it like a dumpster. that pay if you want idea needs some serious overhaulling. few have a license and even fewer have a damn clue . beautiful spot goin' to the crapper without some help to regulate it's use !! :angry:

sorry for the rant.

Edited by waterwolf

you're totally right WW. I have a halton parks vehicle pass which I use for mountain biking and dog walking. I checked the other 8 vehicles in the lot and I was the only one who'd payed to be there. Next time I'll add the parks guys to my list so they can come fine them too. I hate to be such a tattle tale, but there's going to be nothing left after these jerks are done with it.

It'll be like that every weekend from now till opener at Mountsberg. Pike isn't actually out of season till April 1st, just the conservation area isn't open for fishing. They should nail them for no fees or using live bait as well as getting the guys on the tracks for trespassing.

I see it there every year, even after it is open, the rules continue to be ignored and the authorities turn a blind eye.